The card schemes have issued very specific criteria regarding the type of documentation which they accept. This includes:
- All documentation needs to be in English or have an English translation.
- The Acquirer Reference Number (ARN) must be included in all communication (both in the email and the attached documentation).
- You must include your justification for challenging the chargeback. Such justification should be in accordance with the chargeback reason.
- Do remember to include all documents/evidence to support your claim without missing anything as you are contesting the chargeback and refuting the card-holder’s claim. Examples of valid documentation include (not limited to):
- Signed Delivery slips or PODs;
- Email communication with the cardholder;
- Signed Terms and Conditions;
- Signed Authorization Letter;
- Signed Contract;
- Valid Photo ID of the cardholder
- Card Copy (secure information should be hidden)
Note: The full card number must not be used in any document/correspondence you have with us. Please mask it as 555555******0000 (only the first 6 and last 4 digits of the card number visible with the 3-digit secure code on the flip side completely hidden).
Please sign in to leave a comment.